Ready to take action on a key issue in your community? Here are a few ways to dig deeper.
- Looking for a way to get connected to volunteer opportunities in Arkansas? Take a look at the VolunteerAR portal created in partnership with the Governor’s Advisory Commission on National Service and Volunteerism and the DHS Office of Communications and Community Engagement. You can search for volunteer opportunities by keyword or location.
- Arkansas is home to thousands of charitable organizations that rely on support from donors to continue doing their good work. You can use Guidestar.org to search for nonprofit organizations in your area and review basic information about their financial health and programs.
Tools for Smart Giving through Arkansas Community Foundation
- We offer tools to help you make your charitable dollars do more for your community. Through the Community Foundation, you can create a legacy for the charitable causes you care about, all while receiving the maximum tax benefits for your gifts. Find out how we can help you structure a giving option tailored to support the causes you care about most.
Looking to deepen your knowledge in a particular issue area? Take a look at these resources below.
Arkansas Research Center
- Arkansas’s statewide longitudinal data system, established at the University of Central Arkansas to provide state agencies with data tracking, analysis and visualization. Here, you’ll find data tools analyzing Pre-K and higher education information.
Kids Count Data Center
- Produced by the Annie E. Casey Foundation, the Kids Count data center provides comprehensive information on the status of children in Arkansas (and the US), including not only education indicators but also indicators health, safety, and family and community support.
Arkansas Department of Health
- Looking for data on the prevalence of stroke, influenza or tuberculosis in Arkansas, or information on hospitals, health professionals or school-based health programs? The Arkansas Department of Health shares research on these topics and more on their website.
Expect More Report from the Winthrop Rockefeller Foundation
- Learn more about employment in Arkansas – where the jobs are, what they pay, and how to create more jobs with family-supporting wages.
Economic Indicators for Women in Arkansas from the Women’s Foundation of Arkansas
- The Women’s Foundation of Arkansas compiles data on poverty, opportunity, employment and earnings for women by county and by region. View the full report here.
Prosperity Now Scorecard
- A comprehensive resource for data on household financial health across the US. Search by location or issue to learn more about Arkansans’ net worth, emergency savings, access to credit, bankruptcy rate and more.
How America Gives
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy analyzes the giving patterns of Americans who itemized on their tax returns and reports on trends by state, county and metropolitan area. Some content requires a subscription.
Rural Profile of Arkansas